Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Gods and Goddesses

Gods and Goddesses

- What is unique about the Greeks' relationship with their gods, is the interaction with humans
- Poseidon (god of sea) interfered with Odysseus trying to return home
- Aphrodite (goddess of love) had lovers of both gods and men
- Dionysus (god of wine) was son of Zeus (a god) and of Semele (a human princess)
 
During that class, my mind blew up. I never thought about all the beliefs we have and other religions have. Some things that I believe in could be real or it could be fake because some of it is about things people saw vs things that actually happened and was written. It's really hard to explain and I am still very confused. Everything that I said probably doesn't make any sense because I was blown away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christianity in the Pax Romana

Christianity in the Pax Romana - A new religion in the empire - Christianity: roots - It all begins with Jesus..... Most of what we k...