Friday, September 1, 2017

A Message to Garcia Interpretation

         The story talks about how some people complain about what they're asked to do when other people will just do the job with no questions at all. The author is very strict about why there are few people who will just do the job like Rowan and so many people who will be the assistant. If Rowan was like the assistant who asked all the questions and complained, it would've taken longer to get Garcia the message and the President needed to secure Garcia's co-operation immediately. The world would be a whole new and different place if there were more people like Rowan. But I don't fully agree with what Hubbard is saying. If people don't ask questions about their task then how are they supposed to know exactly what to do and have it be done the way their boss likes. How are they supposed to know where to go or what time to be back without questioning? I agree with Hubbard when he said that people shouldn't complain about orders because they are getting paid to take orders and accomplish them, otherwise you are getting paid for complaining and should therefore be fired. Elbert Hubbard might have some anger issues but he has a really good point. People need to start realizing that they are lucky to be alive and that they should be putting hard work into their job everyday is they want to succeed and have a wonderful life.

Five point action plan:

-One of my plans to be more successful in high school is to start memorizing information every night that might be on a quiz or test in the future. I will take an hour or two to go over what we learned in class just be ready whenever the tests or quizzes.

-My second plan is to be completely organized so that I know where everything is and I won't be rushing in class to look for my homework or assignments.

-Another plan I will start doing is going to bed at a certain time every night so I get enough sleep for class the next day and I won't be dozing off in class because I might miss important information.

-For my fourth plan I will eat a healthy breakfast in the morning to help my brain and to be more active in class. A healthy breakfast will give me more energy for the day.

-My fifth and final plan is to start having a more pleasing attitude to show teachers that I am ready to learn and I really care about what I do everyday in their class.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very good interpretation/analysis of the Hubbard essay. Good work putting your own thoughts in there - your opinion is always welcome in this class! 50/50 on the essay. The Action Plan is excellent - well-thought out, detailed, and workable. Another 50/50, for a total of 100/100 on the whole assignment. Great start!

    ReplyDelete

Christianity in the Pax Romana

Christianity in the Pax Romana - A new religion in the empire - Christianity: roots - It all begins with Jesus..... Most of what we k...